Thursday, January 18, 2007

Have you every talked with some one and walked away with so many new Ideas that you thought you head might expand with force and create a very loud noise because of rapid chemical change from all the random new things.

Yes, I though it would Explode, POP, become thousands of little pieces. (ok so I am being a little dramatic, it comes with the family) But I had lunch with a new Friend today and he was such a fresh breath of air with Ideas, examples of how to develop, my youth Group deeper (spiritually) and wider (numerically).

Often when asked what it is I enjoy doing in my Free time - I have been know as the Reader, or Hiker.... well can I say there are so many different youth books, and fare to little time to attempt reading and collecting the right perspective. Our Group @ Plum Creek is about to grow in numbers and we must begin to develop the leadership in order to see effective ministry take place.

What is Effective Ministry: To Teach People to Know God .
To Grow in their Passion with HIM.
To Give to others in their Community.

Mike (the guy I had lunch with today) continued to express the ideas of how vision casting and the importance of reminding people of the Goal we are working toward..... and it set me thing about a thousand things (thus the head exploding). This was the same idea that Iacocca had when creating one of the most celebrated chimerical turnarounds in American business History. Keep the vision before the people. Funny I remember a few Guys in the Old Testament that did the same thing... Ezra and Nehemiah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home