Sunday, July 09, 2006

Well, this is my first time ever posting on a blog. This weekend, DB and I did an extensive amount of work in our new aprtment and we are almost completely settled. We also got a little too much sun yesterdady but enjoyed relaxing by the pool and playing in the water. Then we had some great friends over for dinner and a game of Apples to Apples (A very fun game if you have never heard of it).

Just for those of you who are cooking for your families, try out www.kraftfoods.com. You can order a free recipe magazine sent to your house four times a year - the recipes are all delicious and simple. (I found this out thanks to Julie Snipp, wife and mother extraordinaire, and it has been a huge blessing!)

Tonight we kept the babies at church, and we both enjoyed it. I am dissapointed that we missed the sermon, but we can hear it online. This week was "How to be a Christ-Centered Wife." You can download it from the Crossing Website. You can also get it as a pod cast from itunes.

I am, much to DB's chagrin, reading Kite Runner, a novel about Afghanistan. It is really interesting, and a bit disturbing. I read it before my first trip, but it is so different to read it through a different set of eyes-I can picture the things that are discribed and understand the culture so differently now. DB is itching for me to finish so he can read it himself.

This is a picture of my brother DK at Christmas. He is in Minnesota right now canoeing and going to amusement parks and doing a bunch of fun stuff. I miss him.

This is the end of my first blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home