Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekends as a Pastor (or the wife of a Pastor)

Some of you have gathered by now that our little family unit can be a very dramatic. Well let me just share with why that is so much fun. Those of you who know Jeni "Hardin" Wright, this will come as no surprise. She is a laugher and lover and MOST importantly a Dancer. What does this have to do with being a Pastors WIFE. (of a small Southern Baptist Church). Well Let me first rewind ...

Saturday, The Staff @ Plum Creek (that would be the Senior Pastor and my self) had decided to offer a leadership training event. So the planning the power points the photo copy's and every thing had to be prepared. I brought in a Guy from a Larger YOUTH ministry and allowed him the time to speak with my adult leaders. We are planning to branch out in our student ministry and offer events, worship and bible study for both middle school and High school, and I need people to share the vision.

So Mike, comes in and is sharing several of the new ideas, and I look over and Jeni is holding a newborn baby, (about 5 weeks old) she is rubbing on him loving on him and all the while I am thinking ok here comes the ideas.... ha ha We had a great Saturday talking with several of the parents and other adults in our group who would like to be involved with the future plans and ministry.

SUNDAY : Jeni wakes up Dancing,singing and running through the house just happy as always, talking about all the great new ideas she wants to share. I thing she might have been happy about the blueberry pancakes I had for her when she woke up. But we had an amazing day ahead of us. Worship that morning and YOUTH lead service Sunday Night. We have a great group of students, and believe it or not there is Jeni in the middle of a bunch of youth sing worship songs. (in our Southern Baptist Church) Dancing. I couldnt help but smile. She is just the best, she had the girls sing and laughing. While I was off in the back of the room fretting over my notes. The service went well, and I offered a guideline to the Lords Prayer. The FCC of the Christian Faith "PRAYER". (notes will follow on my Bible Study)

We had the youth over Sunday evening to play board games and even in the 9 degree weather I loaded the grill down with burgers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home