Monday, March 10, 2008

Baby Blaine had her appointment this morning to get casts for her little feet. The doctors at the Shriner's Hospital were very nice and gentle and sweet and put casts on her feet that reach her hips. Poor little thing is having a hard time coping today because she can't curl up in a little ball like she likes to, but the doctors have assured us that she is feeling no pain - only discomfort. Mommy and Daddy are having a bit of hard time, but we know that this is what is best for our baby girl, and she won't remember a thing by the time she has finished with the castings.
The doctor says 4-6 casts, which they will change every Monday, and then special shoes for three months. Please pray for our precious little one to be fixed quickly and painlessly, and for DB and I to know how to best take care of her while she is in casts.
Some of you also know that Blaine had some weight loss last week, but we are on top of things and feeding her every bit we can get her to eat every three hours. She is still not back up to her birth weight, but she is growing steadily and we are confident that she will be up to par in a short time. Her little belly doesn't seem to like formula so much, so please pray that she will digest the formula and her belly will grow.
Here is the video from the hospital of the casting process. Blaine handled things beautifully (especially because her daddy was feeding her a bottle the whole time).


We are so thankful for our sweet, precious baby girl and that God has provided us with excellent doctors to care for her so well.

3 Comments:

Blogger heathandbrandi said...

Hi guys,

Just want you to know that we're thinking of you, and Baby EB are in our prayers! Shriners' Hospitals are great. They'll take good care of your baby.

Brandi and Heath

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time I think you should ask for pink! Jeni you look so pretty you are just glowing...D.B I am sure you looked pretty too haha! I almost cried not going to lie...my EB didn't look like she liked her cast to much but I am pretty sure she would like them if they were in pink or baby blue a little better :-)! Dad and I watched the video together and I read him what it said. WE miss yall! I love yall all so very much and I show EVERYONE I come in contact with EB's pictures and they just go on and on about how pretty she is. I am like dad when you went to Poland the first time...Hi my name is Keith and my daughter is a missionary to Poland....Hi my name is Jessi and these are pictures of the prettiest little girl in the world..aka my niece! :-) See you soon :-)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Katie H. said...

Hi Jeni! She is adorable and I love the name Blaine! I hope you and DB are doing great!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home