Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Have you ever had the phone ring and it seems as if the world around
you has just changed because of what the person has just said? This week I
received a call from a great friend who said "Medical reports have shown something abnormal." Just
like that fear changes the very face of everything. That phone call could
be about money, family, kids, or even news of war, yet in that very moment
the question stands, "Upon whom do you place your trust?"

David wrote in Psalm 27
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my
enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war
break out against me, even then will I be confident.

I am guilty of fear. My wife will call and say, "DB.(fill in the blank)."
and I begin to think of how to fix the problem. Paul said in 2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of
love and of self-discipline. Those who read the KJV will remember
the word timidity as "fear". When the phone rings, and you are
faced with the choice of depending upon your self, or God, which power
will you chose?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home