Friday, November 10, 2006

Well it is done - Jeni and I have successfully unpacked every thing in our home – (three moves in less than one year wow what a stress). We have enjoyed our new home and can defiantly say we are looking forward to the Holidays with our friends and Family. This is the first Christmas in 6 years that I have not worked for UPS so “I’ll be Home for Christmas” I can now successful use my desk and all of my books are unpacked.

Many of you will remember our recent trip to Kabul Afg. and the CCA conference that I recently posted pictures of. This opportunity that Jeni and I have recently had was because of an organization called SOZO – I have posted things about them in the past but This morning during our Friday morning prayer group I began to really think about every thing SOZO is about. The organization currently has 2 people state side that are continual working to organize and plan the future events and steps of the ministry. Jody Hesler – (if you can catch her in one place long enough) is always eager to share with you about the ways in which God has blessed the Afgan people, by providing medicine to help with sickness. The provision of food supplements for their young children. The restored hope of education through schools and other elements of the Health program. Bob Drane is serving as the Director of SOZO, and the prayerful leadership and vision to continue as he is being is very exciting journey. (Bob’s wife Kathy is the founder of Hopeful Hearts) (You can follow Will and Tarha through the process by clicking on their blog in the left colum)

Take a Minute and look with me at the true meaning of the Biblical SOZO. This will be a quick walk though the pates of the Bible to attempt to explain my heart of Ministry, and my love for this group that Jeni and I pray with on Friday mornings.

2 Samuel 14 Joab Arragnes for Absalom’s Return

In verse number 4 “When the woman from Tekoa went to the king, she fell with her face to the ground to pay him honor, and she said, "Help me, O king!"

Help – the Hebrew yasha – do deliver or bring salvation

So the King did help her and in v.13 we see that she says “Why don't you do as much for all the people of God as you have promised to do for me?”

2 Kings 6:26 One day as the king of Israel was walking along the wall of the city, a woman called to him, "Please help me, my lord the king!"

King Ben-hada acted out against the Lords will (v.24) and caused a great famine to cover the city. It last so long that there was neither food nor wine to drink. So they resorted to eating their children. The mother who cried out in v.26 said help me (yasha or sozo) HELP I something to be avenged I must be delivered?!?!

I love the way we see the Cry of Help from King David in the Psalms

NLT Psalm 3:7 Arise, O LORD! Rescue me, my God! Slap all my enemies in the face! Shatter the teeth of the wicked!

ESV Psalm 3:7 Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked.

NIV Psalm 3:7 Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.

- RESCUE ME - SAVE ME - DELIEVER ME –

Psalm 3

Lord I have so many enemies so many are against me

So many are saying God will never rescue him!

But you O Lord are a shield around me; you are my glory the one who holds my head high.

I cried out to the Lord and he answered from his Holy Mountain.

I lay down and slept yet I woke up in safety

For the lord was watching over me.

I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side.

Arise O Lord! Rescue me my God! Slap all my enemies in the Face!

Shatter the teeth of the wicked!

Victor comes from you O Lord may you bless your people.

David knew that in the midst of all his trouble that he could rest for the Lord was watching over him. He knew that there was a rescue, a salvation, from the thousands that were surrounding him.

Matthew 8:25 “The disciples went to him and woke him up, shouting, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"

Remember the Disciples calling on Jesus during the Storm the term her is SAVE (sw,|zw verb imperative aorist active 2nd person singular) the meaning a Christian Salvation – a rescue from something that could kill them.

Matthew 14:29 "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

Mark 15:30 "save Yourself, and come down from the cross!"

What about Jesus – an idea of Delivering or to preserve

What about Jesus trail before Pilate

Luke 23:35 And the people stood by, watching, but the rulers scoffed at him, saying, "He saved others; let him save himself, if he is the Christ of God, his Chosen One!"

What did Jesus do? HE saved other people – now think about the New Testament ideas – and the ideas I just presented about Peter and the other disciples. They were needing salvation from Death (right) Would you think that the people gathered would recognized him as the one who could save them from death.

Remember: Origin: from sw/j sos (safe, well)

Usage: bring...safely(1), cured(1), ensure salvation (1), get well

(2), made...well(6), made well(5), preserved(1), recover(1), restore

So What is my Point - The scriptures are littered with this word SOZO in Greek Yasha in Hebrew – Of people crying for Help, from Kings From GOD and From Jesus asking for safety, salvation, and to be made well.

Peter in Acts 2.40 said to his listeners Save yourselves from this crooked generation.

What is SOZO about – Helping the people with “THEIR GREAT NEED !?!?!?!”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home