Thursday, April 12, 2007

3,000 people lost in the Louisville.


Many of you are looking at the picture and wondering what is he talking about now. Some of you will recognize the little white church as the one for which I am the Youth Pastor. Yesterday started out as just about any normal day would. Well almost, Jeni Jan would have some argument about that.

I have spent the week in the Library working on my research paper for class and future work in ministry.
Still Wed. are a day unto their own. Most of the time on Wed. I will work on sermons for church and other important Youth events, and yesterday was no different. I had finished my Wed night lesson and started working of items for summer camp. I had my normal 2pm meeting with the Senior Pastor and then we had our youth service which starts around 6pm.

We are working through some different life sketches of different Biblical characters trying to discover the truths from scripture, of how their lives were important and why God recored them for us to learn from. Last night we started talking about a man named Joseph, (did you know he has more press in the book of Genesis than Adam Noah or Abraham) .

Any way on to the odd picture and the 3000 people that are lost in the Louisville area. One of the parents called and said you know there is bad weather approach right. Yeah Yeah, I know. The joy of very over protective parents. So we finished up our normal lesson played a game or two and went outside to play football, and as we started the second snap I couldnt help but notice some very dark clouds and some lighting so I told the students we needed to go back inside. Next thing was the rain and then the wind, things continued to grow and get darker and the wind blew harder. Needless to say there was several thousand dollars worth of damage done to the building we were meeting in. Trees were down across the roads and as you would guess the power was out. Some 3,000 + people in the Louisville area lost electricity.

What do you do when there is not TV or Facebook - no Blogs to read or Blingo to search. Well I will have to say that Jeni and I were not lost for something to do we lit several candles and I fixed up a battery light so we could lay on the couch and read a book. Who ever said that the Internet would replace books. - Their crazy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Parkison Family said...

Hi Jeni,

I have been reading your blogs occasionally and wanted to say hi. I am sorry I have not emailed you back from when you emailed months ago. But I am due in 4 weeks with a little boy. We are naming him Seth Austin Parkison. I can't wait! I hope things are going great for you!

Love, Kelly

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home