Monday, April 09, 2007


Spring is always a great time of year, and the Redbud winter that has covered the Louisville area did not slow us from having a great Easter Weekend. Jeni and I had planned to spend the weekend @ Taylorsville State park camping and hiking, but the weather turned of extremely cold for April. Friday night we had a great evening with the King Family from our church. They are a great family - two of their kids are in my youth group, the second little boy Hunter, is a newborn. Which Keith, the father, says is the reason we come over all the time to play with him. We played Shelby's new Nintendo Wii , Jeni claims I staged the event because I love this new game system.

Saturday was the opening day of Turkey season for Youth here in KY, and as you would guess one of my students did kill a 2 year old bird. He called about 09:00 and I enjoyed hearing the story of their hunt. There were several other friends that came in to the local lairs bench and told us about their hunts. It was a good morning in Taylorsville.

One small detail I failed to share with you about our good Friday events was the fact that Jeni and I went easter shopping for new clothes. You can see the new items in the pictures above. The reason this idea came back to my mind was after my bird seeing adventure on Saturday Jeni and i went back to Louisville for a second trip of shopping. Yet we discovered the items she had bought were no doubt the best choice.

Sunday was a great Easter- We joined a new Sunday School class and enjoyed getting to know several new members of our church. We heard a sermon about all the things that a "Dead man Dont do", and finished of a great weekend with Lunch with several of our Louisville Friends in the Highland area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home