Sunday, July 16, 2006

Jeni:

Running Log: Day 3

Okay, so we ran three days in a row (Tuesday - Thursday) and we are taking a break until Monday.

This morning (Sunday) DB and I are sitting on our porch in some new, comfie lounge chairs that we bought yesterday. They are an odd green color, but we like them anyway. He is reading and I am blogging and we are sharing some trail mix for breakfast. (Much to his chagrin, I am picking out the M&Ms). The apartment is almost totally finished-pictures hung, decorations pretty settled - just a few little details to finish, then we will post pictures.

So I have been thinking alot of submission lately - what it looks like on a day to day basis. I very much agree with the idea of submission and I know what the bible says , I just don't think I kow what it looks like. Any comments on this? How do I live out an attitude of submission?
DB and I have also been talking a good bit about what country we would like to serve in and have been thinking about Turkey. Do you think that Turkey joining the European Union will make it more open to the Gospel?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelley C said...

hey I found your blog!!!

submission...thats a hard one. Its nice and easy to submit when you agree with the decision being made. But its a lot harder to submit when you genuinely think the outcome won't be as good going in that direction....

think south asia think south asia think south asia.....

4:08 AM  
Blogger lyndsay said...

submission...i haven't listened to it yet, but the in-laws say that last week's sermon was outstanding. listen here: http://www.nsfpca.org/ - click on "messages", and it's "looking for love: design and mess"

i agree with kelley, but would like to add that if your husband is truly following God's teachings and praying for His wisdom to be poured into both of your lives, no matter what the decision, you can trust that it's right.

that's all well and good for big decisions, but on a day to day basis...hmm. that IS a hard one. maybe it's doing the little things like refilling his glass at dinner or something. and not feeling obligated to do it, but rather joyous about serving him.

turkey?! don't go to turkey silly girl. come to chattanooga!!! okay just kidding. i don't really know anything about turkey. i'll pray for you guys!!!! :) :) love~

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha just found out that if you do anonymous you can comment...haha! I love yall...and no I don't think that turkey becoming part of the EU will open it. Because think of Greece being part of the EU it's becoming more closed. Or maybe it would I don't know! I know that Turkey is our mission project for this year! I love you both bunches!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home