Thursday, August 10, 2006

How many of you out there are doing something you really enjoy? Well, we have discovered, that one perfect something. I just yesterday posted some random thoughts in my Bible study blog about the Book of Colossians, and Pauls ideas of filling up what is lacking in the work of Christ. As most of you well know we have started working @ a local church as youth pastor. (I continue to say we, because even though I am by title their youth guy, Jeni is the brains and the Beauty of the entire deal.) I am just keeping my fingers crossed they do not figure this out between now and the vote on the 20th. Keep praying for us as we feel like this is a done deal, the church does have to vote.

We both have enjoyed the students so much, they are a varied group with ages from 19 and > but we have clicked with them, I over heard one of the girls saying to Jeni last night you guys seem like you have been here for ever. (when its really only been 2 Nights).

About Yesterday – Yes for those who called and sang happy birthday to my voice mail I am very grateful, (and Jessi, its ok you couldn’t sing in a different language). I had a wonderful Day – Jeni and I celebrated on Tuesday night she cooked two of my favorite dishes, Banana pudding and chicken & dumplings. She bought me several wonderful gifts, one of which I will use every single morn and then again about Five ( and electric razor). YES YES, but ON Wednesday I actually worked from 05:30 till 1200 at the Coffee shop and then finished up every thing for the Youth. Things are going so well, and I can say that the Lord is using us in some amazing ways right her and now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for new jobs! I am so glad you had a great birthday! I love yall muy muches! ohh I do know this one though Flich Gubertags--not the way you spell it all but happy birthday in german! love yall!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow morning - I know everything will be wonderful. This is the beginning of a wonderful new chapter in 'the story of DB and Jeni'
[OK, I did create a name and password but I can't remember it, so:] I love you both, JH

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home