Friday, August 04, 2006

FRIDAY:
Jeni and I are apart of a small group that gathers every Friday morning to pray for the land of Afghanistan that has been placed on our hearts. This group is very flexible for there is always some one who is traveling or doing something fun and exciting. Tina and Jody, when they are in town will join us, and the rest of the group comes as their secludes will allow.

Today was a little different I rushed over to the "Missions House" to start the coffee, because our early bird Ron would no doubt not be there seeing how he had just finished surgery (@ Cure Hospital in Afghanistan) and only made it home to the US yesterday.

So the coffee brewed and one by one the group collected. Have I said what a blessing they are, I know they are diligent in prayer, and it is nice to be apart of such a group. And to know that they pray even for us as we prepare for ministry.

When Jeni first told me about this group, and how praying with them on Friday morning had affected the way she prays for the Afghan people I was interested so I joined her and I have found her encouragement to true. When you hear the prayers being lifted up, you are humbled to be apart of such a work, and to know that God is pleased with our time together as we encourage, lift up and intercede for others.

The rest of my week has been just as eventful - for those who have been looking for me to update HERE GOES:

Monday: I had a job interview @ Plum Creek Baptist Church in Taylorsville KY just 25 Minutes outside of Louisville. They asked a lot of good questions, and seemed very interested in our background with ministry. Jeni and I both prayed about this as we drove home from the interview. Know that the Lord has a sovereign hand in our lives and we know that He will open the right doors for us as we are intended to walk through them.

Tuesday: I worked at the coffee shop, and read some in the Old Testament Searching for a city name? (More to come about that in the future)

Wed: This was my first morning shift working at the Coffee shop, and wow I loved it. Very fast, and active the people were mostly friendly and I enjoyed the way the morning flew by. I was home by 1400 and took a small nap, before spending the evening with my beautiful BRIDE. Watching V for Vendetta, with Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving. A great movie if you are thinking about flick form Block Buster this weekend.

Thursday to be honest was a bit of a wash, I just did a few loads of cloths and read a book while Jeni worked. Not very much fun. Right: ?!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious-why the picture of the bathroom sink?

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, i didn't even notice the picture

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your bathroom is very clean!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice that your handles on your sink are labled. :-)

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home