Monday, August 21, 2006

Some times in your life it seems like every things just clicks. I had one of those normal weekends. (well, what one would call a normal weekend if you grew up country). As you already know Jeni and I were in Tennessee this weekend to visit my parents, after our visit with my Mother we traveled to the big little town of Woodridge. It was a simple and normal dinner with discussion of the events that were to remain in the evening. Our plan as you know from the previous post was to go frog gigging with my dad. So we finished up our dinner and packed up the boat and other necessary equipment. By the 22nd hour of Friday night Jeni had officially been introduced to the art of riding an eight foot john boat and spotting frogs.

On Saturday we took a long ride though capachine mountains, a place in east Tennessee that I had compared Istalief Afghanistan. It was a great ride other than the heavy rain that began to wash out the truck and my pockets, because we could not roll up the windows of the old gray goose we were driving. It was a great drive only to be followed by the long drive to Louisville

Sunday was not a normal or casual day. We awoke and started early to plum creek, Sunday the 20th was the day of our vote as youth minister. We attended the youth Sunday school, and then in the worship service I was asked to follow the announcements I spoke for only a few minutes, and then the service continued. After the worship service they were called into a special business meeting that resulted in a 103/1 vote in favor of us as their youth ministers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We loved having you here. And we love your your good news about Plum Creek....Emily Come back in the evening for prime rib next time!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! Love yall and yay!!! I am so excited!!!

9:24 PM  
Blogger lyndsay said...

WOO HOO! congrats you guys!!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home